Effective as of Jan 1, 2019.
The Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data about you on our Sites in the following ways:
Data you choose to provide
Personal data that you may provide through our Sites or otherwise share with us includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal and business contact information, such as your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title and employer name;
- Professional credentials, such as educational and work history, institutional affiliations and other types of information that would be included on a resume or curriculum vitae;
- Profile information, such as your username and password, industry, interests and preferences;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with the Sites, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Transaction information, such as details about programs, events or other activities you register for through the Sites;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Sites and interact with us; and
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications.
Information from social networking sites
Our Sites may include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”).
our future access to the information you provide to us through an SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Information we get from others
We may also get information about you from other sources, and we may add this to information we get from our Sites. We may combine other publicly available information, such as information related to the organization for which you work, with the personal data that you provide to us through our Sites.
Information automatically collected
We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Sites. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, and access times and information about your use of, and actions on, our Sites. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the section below for more details.
How We Use Your Personal Data
To provide you with information and administer our Sites
If you register to participate in our programs, events or other activities, or use our Sites, we use your personal data to:
- Operate, maintain, administer and improve the Sites;
- Process and manage registrations you make through the Sites;
- Communicate with you regarding our programs, events, or activities for which you may have registered, including by sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Sites;
- Provide support and maintenance for the Sites and our services; and
- Respond to your service-related requests, questions and feedback.
To communicate with you
If you request information from us, register on the Sites, or participate in our surveys, programs, or events, we may send you Intercept-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt out of such communications.
To comply with law
We use your personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to requests from government authorities.
With your consent
We may use or share your personal data with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Sites, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal data, or you opt into third party marketing communications.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
We use your personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern use of our Sites; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We disclose personal data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal data to professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement; protection and safety. We may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests, such as to respond to requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern use of the Sites; (c) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of users of our Sites and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Regardless of where you reside, you can submit privacy inquiries and requests by email to email@example.com or to our postal address provided below. If you reside in the EU, you may request that we take the following actions in relation to your personal data:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete. Delete your personal data.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object. Object to our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you reside in the EU and would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulatory authority in your country.
3A, Central Plaza, 166, C.S.T. Road,
Kalina, Santacruz (East),
Mumbai – 400 098